Robert James Smythe Wedding Photographer is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Robert James Smythe Wedding Photographer may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as your house address
- information on requested customer surveys, feedback and comments
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send emails with information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic and remembering information about your preferences.Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our own cookies
We use a Session ID cookie to make our website work. There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party cookies
Our site includes the functionality provided by third parties which uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics - We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and contain no personally identifiable information.
- Google Maps - lets visitors to our office know how to get here
- Google Translation - assists other language users to gain information from our siteYouTube - powers the videos on our site
- AddThis - To provide you with social buttons for sharing our content.
- Facebook - Where we may on occasion embed a post from their website.
- Twitter - Where we may on occasion embed a tweet from their website.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.